Author Topic: Ultimate Cherub Trailer?  (Read 3886 times)

Offline Neil C.

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Ultimate Cherub Trailer?
« on: May 01, 2013, 01:27:16 PM »
One of the things on my "To Do" list is to build a trailer with a gear box underneath and some way of mounting the boat on top. I've been digging around for ideas. One of the biggest problems with this arrangement is how to get the boat on and off the box if you're on your own. The other is how to deal with the trolley wheels, other than taking them on and off every time. The mast rack needs consideration too. Anyway, it seems the Aussie Cherub guys have it sorted out! This thing is unbelievably pimp. Custom built in aluminium, with an effective roll-on / roll-off system. It even has alloy wheels! Yours for a mere AUS$6000
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 03:31:42 PM by Neil C. »

Offline Tim Noyce

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Re: Ultimate Cherub Trailer?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 01:34:27 PM »
When I worked for Hartleys we had a double stacker for Wayfarers which was possible to load with one person (Wayfarers weigh the best part of 200kg so it was bloody difficult, but it could be done). The top deck was hinged and worked on a pulley system so you basically cranked it up into place. The leverage was immense when the boat was in the 'half way up' point and you could see it trying to lift the back axle of the transit van! You could have a similar arrangement, but have a storage box on the bottom deck.

PJ has a pretty awesome new trailer for Cool Beans too.

Offline phil_kirk

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Re: Ultimate Cherub Trailer?
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 01:27:07 PM »
Tourchy has one of those hinging doubles.  Very neat but quite wide and heavy compared with cherubs.

If just looking to transport 1 boat the ramp idea would work. If it's quite steep try a pulley system to pull it on.