Author Topic: Tiger Trophy - 6/7th Feb - Rutland SC  (Read 6679 times)

Offline peter_barton

• Apprentice Guru
    • www.skifftastic.co.uk
Tiger Trophy - 6/7th Feb - Rutland SC
« on: February 01, 2010, 11:05:07 AM »
Who is up for it?

We are entered and paid up including the dinner & club's dorms (beds where still available this am). Bonnie Blue-Eyes has been dragged back out of retirement for this one.

Long term forecast looks like some good breeze (hopefully not too much) and not too cold.

3 handicap races on Saturday, 1 non discardable pursuit race on Sunday. In aid of John Merricks Trust getting kids into sailing. Big black tie dinner optional. Normally a big entry.

Full Details; www.tiger-trophy.com/

Offline Will_Lee

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Re: Tiger Trophy - 6/7th Feb - Rutland SC
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 11:30:05 AM »
Well done on Saturday Pete. We had to work! (writing)

Are you going for Andy Rice's thing?

I notice you won in 2009 too - that's a good record.

Offline peter_barton

• Apprentice Guru
    • www.skifftastic.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 08:17:38 PM »
Are you going for Andy Rice's thing?

Yes. I was always going to do 2 of the events but the new series has given us the motivation to do all 4. I think the series is a great idea thanks to Andy Rice and his www.sailjuice.com/. Its has been a bit stumped by only 29 finishers at the BM (there are no discards) but I am sure it will gain in popularity next year. I want/need those 2 days Moth sailing in Spain!!! That would be a dream.

Offline phil_kirk

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 12:26:08 PM »
good luck Pete,

I hope you win the moth flying lessons.

I'm afraid we are staying in practice mode with E-numbers for the moment.  I would scare both of us and all the other competitors if we entered an event at present.

Short jobs list from the previous weekend completed appart from the tight sock.  Our plan there is to make a better fitting slightly wider sock.  We also plan to attach it to the back of the shute rather than with the webbbing straps around the shute.

Offline peter_barton

• Apprentice Guru
    • www.skifftastic.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 10:36:20 PM »
That's understandable Phil, you are excused!
Are you, EJ & Atum all at Chew?

Any more absentee notes?

John - that PRO grip excuse is invalid. Dont use it again. If you pitch up I will give you a new roll of the quick apply sticky back stuff. I will put it in the car now.
Tim - Shortie excuse also invalid. I can lend you a drysuit or steamer that I think will fit you.
Will - ?

Dorm roons & ball tickets still available. We need some Cherub chums!

Offline john_hamilton

• Guru's Guru
  • cherubing is a word
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 01:17:48 PM »
sorry but at the moment i barely have time to go to the club let alone travel. The pro-grip has been sorted though. its all so frustrating
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist hopes it will change; the realist adjusts the sail

cherub 2645 - cheese before bedtime

roland_trim

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 01:52:01 PM »
Are you, EJ & Atum all at Chew?
EJ looks like a shed making the corner of the Chew boatpark look tatty  :(  We can't wait to get down to her and fit the new cover...
Sadly Team Trim in York this weekend, normal service re-events will resume near March.