Author Topic: National Championships 2013 - Babbacombe Corinthian SC, 25th-28th August 2013  (Read 26452 times)

Offline PaulJ

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Assistant
Event - Cherub National Championships 2013

Dates - Sunday 25th until Wednesday 28th August 2013

Location - Babbacombe Corinthian Sailing Club, Fore St, St Marychurch, Torquay TQ1 4LY

Start time - times to be advised

Cost - to be advised

Schedule - 3 races per day, 12 races total

Notice of race - not yet available

Sailing Instructions - not yet available

Accommodation - local camp site, static caravan site, B&B, holiday appartments, more details to follow

Food and drink - club galley and bar open each day at both the beach and at the clubhouse

Event webpage - to be advised
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 09:43:38 AM by PaulJ »
Events Secretary
3214 - Cool Beans

Offline Hayley_Trim

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Fantastic! Get it in your diaries everyone.

Offline Stuberry

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Excellent venue, it was a great nationals there last time!

Interesting choice of days, what's the thinking behind the switch to Sunday - Wednesday?

It's in the diary and I'm really looking forward to it.

Offline Graham Bridle

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
The dates are a change from Nationals in recent years normally running Tuesday to Friday.

While I have been around, the biggest excuse I hear for non-nationals attendance is "I cant get the time off work" and so these are dates that allow us to still run a 4 day 12 race nationals but keeping the number of working days required to a minimum.

It was also a choice preferred by Babbacombe - interestingly that Bank Holiday is also Torbay Week but  they were still keen to host us - more for the non-sailors to take a look at in my view.

I realise that some types of accommodation may be harder to book over this kind of time period, but fleets have long been using Bank Holidays as Nationals dates and they somehow get by, I am hoping that with this much notice and the event being in a well populated tourist area we can all sort accommodation early so theres no issues.

So, with the main excuse for not coming out of the way, I look forward to breaking my magic 30 barrier before i am too old to count that high.

Offline Torchy

• Class treasurer
  • Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Excellent
Previously 2685 'Loco Perro' and 2345 'Tachyon'

kokopelli

looks like i need to find a new job as i am back to work on tues 27th. Sweet Dreamzzz will be there for the sunday and monday though.

Offline simon_jones

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Just changed next years holiday dates at work. Had pre booked the two weeks before as we always have to book early.29 more to go.

Offline BenR

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
2688- Atum Bom

Offline phil_kirk

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Practice race.  Now When have we needed practice ;).
A good idea to provide a bit of focus to a pre nationals sail at the venue, help us get the course right and work out what all the flags mean.

Offline Hayley_Trim

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
NATIONALS: PLEASE ENTER NOW.

The nationals this year is going to be BRILLIANT. You should have had an email telling you all about it. In case you have missed it, accidentally deleted it etc, the Entry Form is also here.

Please get your entry in as soon as possible. There's a price incentive to do it before 5 August, but it will make the lives of your beloved committee members so much easier if you can sign up now. And it will also help us organise extra fun. 

Don't forget to include details of the T-shirt/hoodie you want on page 3.

Thank you very much

Offline ade white

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Assistant
  • no work team
I kind of forgot about accommodation at Nats. Soooo...where are people thinking of staying? Where is the nearest campsite? Can vans stay at club etc? Is there any gen available? Bank holiday weekend!
'Sponsor' of "DUCKS"

roland_trim

Cheap accommodation.

There are several plans afoot. Expect an update very shortly from Andrew Whapshott re the scout campsite near the club and a "Plan B" from me if not.

Offline JP233

• Administrator
  • Guru's Guru
have I miss read, the front page say 24th, but on here it says the 25th is the first day.
What date is the first race?
Thanks
Jamie

Offline JP233

• Administrator
  • Guru's Guru
ignore that, clicked a link, 24th is a practice day?
Thanks
Jamie

Offline Tom K

• Former_Member
  • Apprentice Guru
Is there an option to pre enter for just the weekend? I've heard rumours of reduced rates for weekenders?